It is very important to check that your acupuncturist is safe and competent. Acupuncture in Australia is currently regulated by the Chinese Medicine Board that requires all Chinese Medicine Practitioner to be registered.
All acupuncture practitioners also must be a full member of a professional body in order to be qualified to register. The Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association (AACMA, the Association) will be able to offer following assurance:
- Bachelor degree level training or its equivalent in traditional acupuncture, Chinese medicine, and western biomedical sciences including anatomy, physiology and pathology are required to compliance with current Australian health and safety legislation;
- Full malpractice and public/products liability insurance cover;
- Expert practice skills maintained by following a mandatory individual programme of continuing professional development (CPD);
- Regular updates from the Association regarding practitioners’ professional obligations to the public compliance with AACMA Code of Safe Practice and Code of Professional Conduct patient access to the AACMA complaints and disciplinary procedures;
- English language skills at least equivalent to those required of doctors and nurses working in the Australia
Acupuncturists registered with the Chinese Medicine Board carry the tittle of Acupuncturist and/or Chinese Medicine Practitioner.
At City Acupuncture Pain Clinic we utilising Traditional Chinese Medicine techniques in diagnosing and treating our patients to rebalance their Chi and Yi / Yang to restore their internal health.
Future technologies are also employed in our practice. Painless Lightneedles are used in the traditional acupuncture points without causing skin penetration and therefore is painless. The laser needles deliver same effectiveness as traditional acupuncture but in much shorter time. It is very good for sensitive and juvenile patients.
For systemic disorders, we use Chinese herbal medicine to treat the root cause and fix the problem from inside. Safe, convenient and environmental protection are three principles at the time when we select most suitable herbs to create into formula. We use granulated herbal extracts from KPC Pharmaceuticals who is one of the largest and most reputable herbal medicine manufacturer in the world.
Our goal of practice is to help our patients avoid being treated for their life time, treat their disorders internally and externally, return them to their balanced healthy state.